Followers

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Raffaldini Vineyards

Warrior Creek CG site 26
Kerr Scott Reservoir COE
Wilkesboro, NC

It has been extremely hot and humid so the three of us wanted to find something to do in air conditioned comfort.  While at the visitor center the other day, we learned about Raffaldini Vineyards, a nice vineyard that wasn’t too far away in the Yadkin River Valley area that offered wine tastings.  They were having a special Music in the Vineyard on Sunday so we all decided to go.  A little wine and jazz really made me feel like a cultured lady…ha!

The Villa was located down a rather narrow gravel country road so I didn’t know what to expect. (Click on any pic to enlarge).  As we pulled into the driveway, I felt transported to another country…Italy.  Here’s the entry and driveway…
Raffaldini's Entry  Driveway to Raffaldini's

…and the Villa itself.
Raffaldini's Raffaldini's

Just walking from the parking lot to the Villa was refreshing.  There were koi ponds and roses all around.  Too bad it was still in the 90’s.
Shade  Koy Pond at Raffaldini's
Rose Garden at Raffaldini's

We enjoyed a few sips of several different wines and decided to buy a few bottles of their La Dolce Vita which is a sweet white wine so that we can enjoy it later on special occasions.  The scenery from the second floor was so beautiful that we just had to take some more posed shots.
Pam and Syl at Raffaldini's  Gin and Syl at Raffaldini's

It’s too bad that it was so hot because there wasn’t much live music outside on the patio.  The performers were just melting not to mention the spectators.
Patio at Raffaldini's  Beautiful!
Shade!

They are not that big of a winery.  Most of the sells occur at the Villa and through restaurant distributions.  They also book private events on the grounds such as weddings.  I can certainly say that this would be a beautiful place to have a ceremony.
Driveway through the Vineyard  Gin and Syl at Raffaldidni's

Thanks for dropping by and enjoy each day of your life’s journey by finding beauty in the ordinary.

9 comments:

Travelwithwhippets said...

Thanks for the memories! We visited Raffaldini Vineyard our first year of full-timing. What a beautiful place! Roger still wears his ball cap that he bought there. It truly did look like the Tuscan countryside, up on the hill. We also visited the Shelton Winery closer to Mt. Airy (beautiful gardens and good wine). We spent the night at Rag Apple Lassie vineyard through Harvest Hosts. It was more of a working far, but we really enjoyed it, too. The Yadkin Valley really has some nice wineries!

Gail Houle said...

My kind of day! Sure would have been better if you could have sat outside without melting though.

The Yadkin Valley has several small wineries. It could keep you busy for awhile. We did a tour of some of them last fall with Laura, Bruce, Trisha and Dan. Great memories!

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

With all that heat, how did they chil the wine?

Beautiful place, we must visit it...in the winter! ;c)

Mike and Terri said...

What a lovely place. Sipping wine sounds like a nice way to while away a hot afternoon.

Dan and Tricia said...

Sounds like you had a nice time at the winery. The Finger Lakes in NY have some great wineries too! Perhaps we will have to take a road trip. Yep - we have great memories of our wining with Gail and Rick and Bruce and Laura! Dontcha know?!

Catherine, Jo Beth and Grace said...

Looks like a lovely place. It is just hot all over. We about melted moving today but we got to enjoy the ac comfort of the crown club.

cruzin2some said...

Looks like you had a great time. Love all the pictures. When are you guys going to head our way?

Sherry said...

Not sure how you snuck this post in on me. I was wondering what you were up to and now I know. Sorry to hear it's so hot. Those North Carolina/Virginia summers are what made me dream of full timin'. Heat makes me think of other drinks than wine usually. But I'm sure glad you had a fun. Isn't it about time to head north??

FLRVGAL said...

Congrats on selling your house. We met at the RV-Dreams rally in SC in 2010. I have sorta followed you guys since then. You are now living my dream. I hope to full time in a few yrs. This past weekend I went RV shopping again, and I too LOVE the Winnebago Journey. I will be solo and like Bill and Nancy I think the 34Y is enough for me (and a gentleman that God might lead my way to share this life with) I was in a Journey like yours...it's gorgeous.
My home is in Sarasota, FL...not far from the Myakka State Park. I know you visited there last year, I should have come over to visit. Perhaps when I purchase, which is still a bit away, I can get some lessons from you guys and Bill and Nancy....I will have much to still learn.
Until then...Happy and Safe Traveling....Nathie