Followers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tanglewood Park CG (NC)


Aug 12-13, 2012
(I’m guilty of extreme blog fatigue but I wanted to highlight this cg near Winston Salem NC.)

Clemmons, NC
Tanglewood Park CG site 2

This is a great place to pull in for one night as we did.  The rate is a little high for us to stay much longer but I fell in love with the place.  It’s an easy on/off from I40 at exit 182 and has everything needed to relax.  Tanglewood Park is a part of Forsyth County Parks and Rec Department.  They offer an aquatic center, stables, tennis, golf, soccer, pond fishing, a Manor House bed and breakfast, arboretum, rose garden and a FHU campground.  There’s a paved multi-use trail that winds around the woods for two miles which was great for my morning walk.  Here’s what was in the neighbor’s backyard right next to the rv park.
Neighbors at Tanglewood 

The sites are paved but many of them are not level.  I’m glad we called the office the day before to get a great site.  Not a problem during the week.
Tanglewood Park-site 2  Tanglewood Park-Clemmons NC

Most of those amenities like the pool, stables, etc. cost a little extra but the arboretum and rose garden were included in the cg fee.  I spent a little time relaxing in the arboretum in the afternoon.  The rose garden was in direct hot sunshine which is great for the flowers but not for this rosebud.  Winking smile
Relaxing Arboretum
Arboretum at Tanglewood  Arboretum at Tanglewood
Arboretum at Tanglewood  Arboretum at Tanglewood
Arboretum at Tanglewood  Arboretum at Tanglewood

Since this is a county park instead of a commercial park, there was plenty of space between the sites.  There were also some very large old oak trees throughout the park.  The rv park had been closed down for several years and was remodeled about three years ago.  I could still see some of the old overgrown sites in the woods on my morning walk.  The multi-use trail through the park is wonderful.
Multi-use Trail at Tanglewood  Multi-use Trail at Tanglewood

Many people walk or run and some ride their bicycles.  There are also mountain bike trails through the woods for the more adventuresome.  On my morning walk, I stopped counting the deer when I got over 20.  There was even one of them in the corral with the horses just grazing with them like he belonged there.
Deer at Tanglewood  Deer near the Trail at Tanglewood

This was our last stop before arriving in Roanoke Rapids to visit with family, but I don’t think that it will be our only stay here.  It’s definitely worth a return.

Thanks for dropping by and enjoy each day of your life’s journey by finding beauty in the ordinary.

11 comments:

Dan and Tricia said...

Wow - looks like you found a gem. Very nice - miss you guys biggles!

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

A rose by any other name is still a Syl... ;c)

Really nice park, it's now on our list of places to stay, it is on routes we normally travel. Too bad it is high priced, seems that campgrounds almost cost more than hotels any more.

Gail Houle said...

Looks like a great park!
I think I'm suffering from blog fatigue too. That happens to me when we're just living and not exploring someplace new :)
See you soon!

Nancy and Bill said...

Thanks for the tour and review. We may have to check it out for ourselves;:o))

owensontheroad said...

Another lovely place! My computer is getting overloaded bookmarking all the campgrounds :)

Mike and Terri said...

Looks like a nice peaceful park.

Travels with Emma said...

Yep, $31 is a bit high for me too.

Catherine, Jo Beth and Grace said...

Looks like a beautiful park

cruzin2some said...

Looks like a beautiful park we'll add it to our list.

Sherry said...

Looks like a park that has everything. Well actually not until you two arrived. Glad you found a place you really enjoyed. Glad you posted about it so I'd know what you are up to. I seem to be way out of touch.

Travelwithwhippets said...

If and when we make it back to the East Coast, I would love that park!!