Followers

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

We’re OK, Adios, and Anniversary


EG Simmons Park
Ruskin, FL

Where have we been?  Well, we finished up the month of July in Trenton, ME totally enjoying Acadia and the Bar Harbor area.  We will go back there again sometime.  Besides the wonderful hiking and biking, we enjoyed a puffin/whale watching tour, horse carriage ride, sunset from Cadillac Mountain, and a few other things.
 
We then spent a week near Moosehead Lake, ME and yes, we saw a couple of moose.  We liked it there because it’s less touristy but still touristy enough, if that makes sense.  That is where I developed an abscessed tooth that hurt like the dickens.  We decided to cut our New England trip short and head for NC so that I could get some dental work done.  My brother is a dentist and he was able to work me in nicely.  I am now a triple crown winner with three gold crowns.  I had two cracked teeth crowned (one abscess) and one preventative crown.  That took half of August and all of September which was a great time to visit with family.  It had been about 11 months since we last visited so we probably won’t go that long again.

It’s now October and we are in FL for the winter.  We had our yearly service done at Lazy Days and also had all four jacks replaced.  Thank goodness HWH covered that part.  We had always had trouble with them, but during the summer they got to the point where they would not come up without spraying them.  After talking with HWH, they said to stop spraying them so that they would fail for Lazy Days.  Thank goodness we didn’t move much because we had to pry them up every time.

We are on our way to the Keys for a few weeks.  We were lucky enough to get reservations at a State Park with some friends.  Then we plan to spend the rest of the winter in Cedar Key.  We are in the process of purchasing a lot there so it will be our winter home on a regular basis.


After this last hiatus from blogging, I have come to the conclusion that it just isn’t meant for me to blog.  There are thousands of other full-timers out there that don’t blog or do facebook, and I bet they enjoy themselves just fine.  I find myself feeling guilty if I don’t post once a month, but then I start dreading it.  Life is too short to put myself in that position.  I do plan to update Tawanda's Tracks in the next few days and keep it fairly updated.  Gin is on facebook but rarely posts also.


On a brighter note, today is our 30 year anniversary!  We don’t have a marriage certificate or wedding photos to share but we have each other.  What did we do to celebrate you ask?  Had lunch at McDonalds.  You see, when we started seeing each other, we ate there quite often.  It has been years since we actually sat down inside to eat a Big Mac and fries.  Brought back lots of memories and that’s what it’s all about!  Enjoy making memories with the one you love.

Remember to enjoy each day of your life’s journey by finding beauty in the ordinary.  Adios amigos!

13 comments:

Sherry said...

Happy happy happy anniversary!! LOL at your celebration. 30 years is quite a milestone. Congratulations!!

It's great hearing from you and knowing what you are up to and that you are both well.

But if you hate it and really don't want to do it then clearly you must not. I'll miss you!

Hope the lot purchase goes through easily. Drop us an email from time to time if that isn't too bothersome. I don't do facebook or any of that stuff either.

Dan and Tricia said...

How fun to celebrate at McDs! You are right....it is all about the memories and spending time with the ones you love. So looking forward to our new neighbors at Pelican Place! You go girl on no-blogging! If it is 'work', it ain't worth it!

Kenneth Barn said...

I had dental abscess once during a vacation too. It can be a real bother. Good thing you had it treated as soon as possible.

Jim and Linda said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Good to hear from you again. Will miss your post, but don't blame you for not posting if it's not fun.

We get to Cedar Key once in awhile so maybe we can get together sometime. Let us know where you're buying the lot.

Hugs,

Jim and Linda

Page said...

Congrats on 30 years! Hub and I are celebrating our 30th next month. Love is grand, ain't it? (We're going to WDW.)

Karen and Al said...

Happy anniversary. Marriage certificates and wedding photos aren't as important as being with the person you love. I haven't looked at either for years, but I see Al alllllllll the time. :)

I enjoy blogging but I also use our blog to help remember things, which as I get older, I need to refer back to more and more often. Perhaps you could write your blog and close it for public viewing. That way you could post what you find is important and not feel obligated.

Take care of yourselves and enjoy your new winter home.

owensontheroad said...

So cool we share the same anniversary. 2 years vs. 30 years..big difference. I applaud the longevity! I understand how blogging can become a chore. I still enjoy writing mine, but there are days when I don't care if I do :) Hope to see you two again sometime down the road! We'll be in Ocala, FL for 6 months.

Gail Houle said...

I kind of envy your decision...not that I'm very good at keeping up with the blog :) I promised my mom I'd do it so she could follow us and I guess I'd feel guilty if I didn't do it.
Congrats on the lot :) I know you'll be happy there.
We'll see you many times this winter, I'm pretty sure :) We'll just be down the road :)

Ron and Cynthia said...

Thanks Syl and Gin for writing your blog and sharing such good info. If it were not for it otherwise we might not would have met..or realized the connections we shared. Also, thanks for the nice comments to my blog, they are appreciated too. We wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you both again..on down the road. We'll stay in touch!

Catherine, Jo Beth and Grace said...

Happy anniversary. How long will you be in Ruskin?
We would love to catch up before you head to the keys.

Mike and Terri said...

Happy anniversary! How cool that you went back to where it all began to celebrate.

We'll miss keeping up with you but can certainly understand your decision not to blog. If it isn't fun, then there's no point in doing it. Hope we'll see you down the road again sometime.

Bill and Nancy said...

We don't need no stinking blog! We'll just keep following you around so we will know what you are up to;o))

It is important to do the things that bring you joy and let go of the things that don't!!

Bruce and Laura said...

I agree with Nancy, we'll just follow you around. :) I may not be doing a blog either. I totally understand where you are coming from!