Followers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rally?

Stix n Brix, NC

Welcome to the latest followers, Pinon and BW & Carol.  It's one of those small world moments when a follower has an NC connection.  It's a nice state with the Appalachian Mountains on the west end and the Atlantic Ocean on the east and a lot of history in between.

I'm working night shift this holiday weekend and it's been pretty quiet in Raleigh.  Maybe the early autumn-like weather has something to do with it.  Autumn is by far my favorite time of year.  It's been excessively hot this summer.

A few days ago, Howard announced the date and location of the rv-dreams rally for 2011.  We went to our first one this past April and had a blast.  We met some of the nicest people and went to some informative seminars.  I have my work schedule written down for the next 11 months so I took a look at April 2011.  The rally is scheduled for the weekend of my four night shifts.  Problem.  I hate taking off nights because it puts a strain on the rest of the guys.  I'm already planning to take off a couple of nights in May for my nephew's wedding so I'm in a pickle.  We really want to go to the rally. Problem.  I will have to use some vacation days along with almost all of my over-time.  If I use too much vacation time, I will have to work another month.  :(  We've been bouncing it back and forth and I've done some math.  If I don't get sick (that'll eat my vacation time), I will just barely have enough time to retire on my target date...so...we're going.  We stayed at River Plantation in TN a few years ago and it's a nice place.  I've got to get ready for work so we'll make reservations tomorrow.

10 comments:

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

We're wrestling with going, too. Last April's rally was so much fun and all the nice folks we met made it special. It would be nice to enjoy ya'll's company a little longer, too. Although the seminars look like they'll be covering the same areas again, it might be good to get a repeat and maybe more info will penetrate my brain...and stay there this time.

The vacation time is the issue, similar to yours. We hope to work this out. This time if we go the house should be on the market.

We'll keep you posted.

Sherry said...

Hope we don't have to wait that long to see you but SO glad you will be there. Talked to Gin on email about our site #.

Be safe and healthy.

The Gypsy G-Mas said...

Good for you! We went to the Rally in October 2009 and that's what got things in motion. We'd love to go to another one, but the timing didn't work out this year and I'm not sure it's going to work out next year either. But we'll still keep it in the radar.

Nancy and Bill said...

That's fantastic... It will be so much fun and great to see you two. Now if we can just get April to hurry up!!

Myrddin said...

Glad to hear you're coming to the Rally.

See you there.

Jim

Sherry said...

Well, I just discovered that although I check your blog every single day, I have never signed up as a follower. Fixed that in a jiffy!

We're 2 sites apart in April. Fun's comin' up!!

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

We decided and signed up for the rally this afternnon. An RV Dreams Rally is like chocolate, too good to pass up and very addicting. ;c)

Catherine, Jo Beth and Grace said...

We are going we signed up. Hope you can make it.

Freely Living Life said...

Glad you are making time to attend the rally. I've heard nothing but positive things about the event. =) Thanks for the update! Keep smiling!

{{hugs}}

Bev and Dale said...

This will be our first Rally. Can't wait to meet everyone.