Followers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Week

Stix n Brix, NC

What have we done during my first few days of retirement?  Relaxed a bit of course.  Gin has spent a few days in the MH changing out the tv so that she can put her game systems in there.  She has a wii, xbox 360, and playstation 3.  She’s also installed a roku box and digital media player.  Yes, this is all Greek to me.  She does like her electronics.  It looks like an electronics fairy threw up in there.  I’ve put my clothes in there and we have an induction cooktop and new set of cookware tucked in there too.

Yet, we haven’t gone anywhere on it.  The main reason is because I’ve been a responsible 50 year old and had my recommended colonoscopy yesterday.  All’s well and I got that out of the way for 10 years.  I have to take a physical for insurance this coming Monday so it’ll probably be Tuesday or Wednesday before we go to the Lake or somewhere.

Gin’s aunt is coming here tomorrow to buy our lawnmower so I spent the day doing yard work.  I also trimmed some shrubs and burned off some debris.  Did I mention that it was 95* and humid with a heat index of 110*?!  I drank lots of water.  The teenager that lives next door will be doing the lawn from now on.  Sure hope we get an offer on the house soon.  Jordan does a really good job of it though.

Thanks for dropping by, and enjoy each day of your life’s journey by finding beauty in the ordinary.

10 comments:

Sue Malone said...

Congratulations on your retirement, I remember how amazing it felt. Can't imagine that heat, however, here in Haines, AK it is 57 and rainy. Maybe you two could try Alaska sometime?!

Merikay said...

Hope you get an offer AND a closed SALE!

Gail Houle said...

I'm impressed you have a teenager next door willing to take on the yard! Good for him/her :) And good for you for going through the colonoscopy! Not bad at all, right? I seriously think that if people could just get past the prep thing, there is nothing to worry about :) It does save lives.

Nancy and Bill said...

Glad to hear good health news!! Get all that stuff taken care and then get out and enjoy your retirement.

Sounds like you will be traveling in a sealth motorhome. Boy, wish we had an electronic geek;o))

Let us know how you like the inductions cooktop. We have been eyeing them.

owensontheroad said...

LOL on the electronics fairy. I want to take my Wii as well, we have to find a spot for the games! Of course, we hardly play it NOW, but we figure that when we're finally on the road, we'll have more time :)

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

We need to hire Gin, too. I'm afraid of those wiring things, if I touch them I might find a smoking hole where my motor home used to be.

I'm looking forward to the same procedure as you just had, next week (not!).

Is everything you want to take fitting in Wanda?

cruzin2some said...

We sure hope that house sells soon. I recommend you pack your MH and live in it a while. I have taken a few things back to storage already.

Mike and Terri said...

Gin are you for hire?? ;-)

Praying that an offer comes knocking on your door VERY soon!

Sherry said...

I think selling your mower is definitely cause for a happy dance!! Congratulations! Never to mow the grass again.

Sorry to hear it is SO hot there. Get on out here. High of 77!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the clean health bill & can't wait 'till you get on the road!
Nina