Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Paddle and Evacuation

Cedar Point CG (site #12)
Croatan National Forest
Cedar Point, NC

Tuesday was our day for enjoying the kayaks.  Gin and I paddled around in the sawgrass of the Intracoastal Waterway near Bogue Inlet.  The inlet is kinda busy but it’s quiet amongst the islands.

IMG_0557 IMG_0577

The Charter boats were just coming in to dock so the inlet area got a bit choppy.  Roamin found a quiet place to swim though.

IMG_0570   IMG_0576

We beached our boats on our own island and walked around a bit to stretch our legs.

IMG_0560 IMG_0574

IMG_0572  IMG_0562

It was a beautiful day with just the right amount of breeze to be comfortable.  Once we got back to camp, we cleaned up and enjoyed a steak for supper.  The camphost, Julie came around to let the few campers that are here know that the cg will be evacuated by Thursday morning for hurricane Irene. 

So today, Wednesday, we packed up the outside stuff and relaxed some.  We rode over to see the ocean before going out for supper.  It’s still beautiful but I’m sure that it will be very windy and rainy here by Friday.  We will be leaving here a few days earlier than we planned but we need to do a few things at the house. 

Thanks for dropping by, and enjoy each day of your life’s journey by finding beauty in the ordinary.


Paul and Marti Dahl said...

The nerve of these hurricanes spoiling your camping fun! At least you have wheels to move your home away from the danger.

Nice views on your paddle adventure. Yep, I think you're gonna' love this fulltime lifestyle.

Sherry said...

Looks like my kind of day and two bathing beauties to boot!

Sorry you have to leave early but glad you will be out of harm's way!

Apparently no damage to anyone I know from the Earthquake so near our home. Hope everyone fairs as well with the hurricane. Mother Nature appears to be unhappy with us.

Jammin' Along said...

You two be careful out there! I look forward to following your travels come this fall. Woot-woot!! Cheers! ~Merri

Gail and Rick (Gypsy Turtles) said...

It's too bad you had to cut this trip short, but glad to hear you are leaving. She looks like she could be a nasty one.

Hope you don't get stuck in the evacuation traffic jam. But if you do, you have your house with you! :)

Merikay said...

Keep safe.

Margie and Roger said...

Hope you can get out of the way of Irene. We left Colonial Beach one day early and came down I-95 to Dillon SC yesterday with no traffic problems and good weather. We are heading to central Florida going down I-85 today. That may be a bad idea due to heavy traffic on 95. Hope you have a good plan in place to avoid the rain and wind. Stay safe.

Karen and Al said...

Stay safe.

Catherine, Jo Beth and Grace said...

After living in Florida 14 years, we know about being "in the cone". Hope all stays well with you guys and your encounter with Irene short.

Dan and Tricia said...

Better to be safe than sorry! My parents live just outside of Morehead City. They haven't evacuated in years and have decided to head to Raleigh away from Irene!
Looking forward to seeing you both at Cheraw!
Dan and Tricia

Mike and Terri said...

It's a bummer that Irene is cutting your stay short, but better to be safe than sorry. Now that you're retired, however, you'll have plenty of opportunities to pick up where you left off. :-)

Nancy and Bill said...

Sorry you had to leave such a beautiful place. We really need to go there one of these days. Both of you look so happy and relaxed...this new life does agree with you;o))

Well, we won't be heading to Raleigh, just hanging out here. Fortunately, the storm will skirt by us. Please be safe and let's all keep those in the storms path in our thoughts and prayers. This is a nasty storm:o((

Travelwithwhippets said...

Good that you are getting away from Irene. We have been watching the weather channel. It looks like it has the potential to be a dangerous mess. Stay safe.