Followers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cedar Point NC

Cedar Point CG Site #37
Croatan National Forest

I first want to say “thank you” to those who left encouraging words about our yard sale last Saturday.  It seems like such a long time ago but it was a big step.  We are now at the CG in Cedar Point, NC near the beach of Emerald Isle.  It is part of the Croatan National Forest and is a very nice place to hang your hat.  We are on site #37.  It has a very private patio area and is the last site in the park.  It is also close to a water bib.  Our 50 foot hose reel just barely reaches.


Thursday, Gin left the house early with the kayaks on top of the Suki and the bikes in the rack.  Her cousin Pam left Rocky Mount, NC and arrived at the CG about 1:00pm.  It was nice to know that they had a good site.  After paying for our site and leaving the Suki here, Gin and Pam went to the shore for the afternoon.  They enjoyed sitting and chatting.  I left left work a little early and arrived at 8:15pm.  It was a long day.
















Friday was a relaxing but warm day.  I moved the vu qube from it's bracket at the top of the ladder to the front of the roof to get it out from under the tree limbs.  Pam and I rode the bikes around the park some and down the nature trail.












While we were busy enjoying ourselves, Gin was busy helping some other campers with their satellite tv.  She’s so helpful that way.  We all went to the shore for a bit so that I could get some salt water and sand on my feet.  Pam mentioned that Captain Charlie’s in Swansboro was a good seafood restaurant so we all enjoyed an early supper there.  I even had leftovers for lunch the next day.

Pam left on Saturday.  I hope she enjoyed relaxing with us as much as we enjoyed having her join us.  Gin and I hung around the CG and napped a little in the afternoon.  It was a windy day but I grabbed the camera to take a some pics.  Maybe tomorrow I’ll post a few.  We may go for a paddle if the weather cools a bit and the wind dies down.  Stay tuned.

No comments: