Followers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Holey Moley

Stix n Brix
Clayton NC

It sure is raining hard right now.  I hope that new hole in the MH roof handles it ok.  On Wednesday, Gin and I put a new antenna with booster on the roof.  It should help improve the cell phone signal.  That's what we use to surf the internet when we are on the road.  She did the work inside the small cabinet over the co-pilot seat and has bruises all over her arms where she had to twist and push in some very cramp quarters.  She drilled a small hole in the roof and I had the honors of crawling up on top to drill the rest.  It feels very odd drilling a hole about the size of a dime into a perfectly good roof.  I put a good amount of sticky butyl tape around the base.  She tightened it up from inside and said it works fine.

This morning, I took the MH in to get the yearly safety inspection done.  It's a bit of an aggravation.  You're there about 45 minutes when it only takes 5 minutes for them to check the lights and tires.  I've heard that South Dakota doesn't have a yearly safety inspection.  That's one thing to consider when we decide what mail forwarding service to use.  And of course, the jack didn't come up on it's own.  I had to do it manually.  When I got back home, the jack only came down half way.  So we are planning to leave it with the dealer for a few days in early July to have the solenoid replaced.  Maybe we can test drive that Winnebago Tour while we are there.  No plans to trade anytime soon but it would be nice to see how smooth it rides.

Well, I'm working a couple more days but it won't take long to get Wanda ready for the next trip.  Join us in the mountains near Brevard NC.  It's a beautiful place.

3 comments:

Merikay said...

It seems there is always something to be fixed on an RV. Glad it isn't something that keeps you home!

Prettypics123 said...

I'm looking forward to following your adventure. Come visit at http://levonneandjohnscaliforniaodyssey.blogspot.com/

Prettypics123 said...

I'm looking forward to following you. Come visit http://levonneandjohnscaliforniaodyssey.blogspot.com/