Followers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rally Day 2

Longs, SC
Willow Tree Resort site #8

So we hit the ground running this morning.  We're not used to seeing the sunrise when we are rving but we had a beautiful one this morning.  I stepped out the door to take Smudge for a stroll and it was glowing through the clouds over the small lake.  This is a nice CG and I'm glad we got the rally rate of 30 bucks a night.  The place is full but it's not just rv-dreamers.

We went to the morning seminars on the emotional aspects of full-timing, selecting a home base and insurance considerations, and the cost of full-timing.  Since the afternoon seminars were about tv options and high speed internet, we didn't go.  Gin certainly has us covered on those topics.  We took the afternoon to spend a little time relaxing, walking the dog, and fixing the Google Chili for the chili cook-off tonight.  I went ahead and made some brownies for Friday's potluck.

It was once again a fun evening.  There were 16 crock-pots of chili and fixins and it was all gone by the end of the evening.  My cheeks hurt and my belly is sore so I know I did my share of laughing.  The rv gadget that we shared was the flowbee hair cutting system.  Another couple there was already familiar with it.  Dan has been cutting his hair with it for 20 years also.  Tomorrow will be some more informative classes and socializing afterward with a potluck dinner.

2 comments:

Merikay said...

Sounds like fun. Thanks for giving those of us who are not there a peak into what happening. I'm new to all of this, but hope to come to the one in 2011, with or without a RV!

Cyndi said...

I'm so jealous that you live close enough to SC to go to the rally - we're way over on the other coast and I'm still working. One of these days we'll make it to one of the rallies. Next summer we're coming your way - family in Cary and Fuquay-Varina - we'll give you a shout.