Followers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rally

Longs, SC
Willow Tree Resort site #8

We arrived at Willow Tree today around 1:00, got a bite to eat, and went to the RV Dreams social and checked in for the rally.  This is a really nice campground but as Howard noted, it is in the middle of nowhere to be so close to Myrtle Beach.  I had to trust the tom-tom when we got close, so the last 15 minutes took us 30 minutes of driving.  We rode our bikes around the big pond.  It's 1 mile around.  Our site is waterfront.  We may get the kayaks in the water tomorrow afternoon if the weather is nice.

There was a "small world"  moment at check-in when I noticed a couple that had the last name of Rommel.  They were from NC so I asked them if they had a son in Raleigh.  They did.  I work at the same place as their son.  I guess that's not quite as "small world" as a couple of years ago when we were at the NC Outerbanks.  I saw a camper and truck from Maine that had a Raleigh thin blue line sticker.  I asked the couple about it and their son worked with me also.  Maine.  Small world.

We had a catered dinner and social time.  We met Jim and Linda that have a blog that I have followed for quite some time.  Sitting at our table were James and Tonya.  They are from Jacksonville, NC and have lived in their 5er for 4 years while he finishes his time with the military.  He retires this summer and they hit the road.  Also at our table were Sherry and David.  They made their maiden voyage here in a 2004 Winnebago Brave 34 ft.  They had posted it on the rvdreams forum and we posted that we had a rig very much like theirs.  They were hoping to meet us and we will gladly show them some things that Gin did to make the rig a little better.

It is an interesting blend of folks here.  Most are not full-timers yet.  Several don't even have rv's.  But we all seem to know how to enjoy each others company.  We plan to go to some seminars in the morning so I better get some beauty sleep.

No comments: