Followers

Friday, April 2, 2010

Fortune Cookies

 Stix n Brix NC

I don't think I've yet mentioned the reason I chose the by line of "find beauty in the ordinary".  It's kind of corny how I stumbled upon it.  Perhaps it stumbled upon me.  I enjoy reading the little sayings in fortune cookies.  A few years ago, I was going through a little stress at work and I opened a cookie.  It said, "You have the ability to find beauty in the ordinary.  May you never lose it."  For some reason, it struck a chord with me and helped me calm down and put life in perspective.  I listened to the song of birds, smelled the flower blossoms, felt the gentle breezes, and enjoyed the sights of what I had ignored because I was just so accustomed to them.  I felt more alive and at ease with myself.  Oddly enough, I opened another cookie a few months after that which simply said, "You will find beauty in the ordinary."  It stumbled upon me and has become my mantra.

Yesterday I opened another cookie.  It said, "The change you started already has far-reaching effects.  Be ready."  This reflects well on our current place in life.  We are looking forward to the full-time life but know that we have a lot ahead of us this year as we thin the house.  Some times those sayings are spot on.

This is Easter week end and we will be spending time with Gin's family and also with mine.  It's nice to be close enough to spend a few hours with each family.  We'll then get ready for the rv-dreams rally in SC so we can learn more about the full-time lifestyles.

No comments: